Pregnancy Discrimination At Work
At Didlaw we help expectant and new mothers with your pregnancy rights, and ensure you’re receiving the support you are entitled to during your pregnancy, your maternity leave and on your return to work from maternity leave.
We can help you if you feel any of the situations below are happening to you: –
- a sudden increase in criticism or negative feedback
- changes to workload and responsibilities without reason
- being invited to fewer meetings and/or receiving fewer emails
- exclusion from projects and meetings
- a change in how your manager and peers treat you and your commitment to your job
- a decrease in growth and development opportunities (seminars, projects, training etc.)
- not receiving a pay rise or promotion you were in line to get before becoming pregnant
- being overlooked and replaced by a man who is less experienced than you
- exclusion from social and networking events
- being demoted or dismissed without cause
Research shows close to 1 in 9 mums report feeling forced to leave their job* because they are pregnant or have had a child. This includes being dismissed; made compulsorily redundant, where others in their workplace weren’t; or feeling treated so poorly they felt they had to leave.
If you feel this way you should contact us to hear how we can help you.
Why use Didlaw?
We have helped hundreds of women challenge unlawful maternity, pregnancy and sex discrimination and receive compensation. We’ve supported many people to bring their claims in the Employment Tribunals.
In our maternity legal team we have over 50 years of experience doing this work We go the extra mile for our clients supporting them at what should be a happy time – being a new mum – and Instead they have to be fighting their employer. We understand that this Is a stressful process and do all we can to minimise that stress.
We also work quickly and aim to resolve issues rather than niflame them. If we can resolve things without formal litigation we will so you can move on and enjoy being a mum.
Don’t just take our word for it: –
Testimonials from Past Clients
“The way you guided us and supported us through the last few weeks has made a really unpleasant situation bearable and hopeful at every turn. Thank you so much. Today is the first day of the future, and it looks brighter now.”
– GW, London
“I was having a very difficult time with my employers and didlaw gave me the support and legal clout that I needed in order to reach a satisfactory conclusion. I found everyone at didlaw to be very helpful, friendly and easy to talk to. In particular, I was always treated with great respect and never felt “put down”, stupid or rushed when speaking to didlaw staff about my employment matter, I could say all that I wanted/needed to say and was always listened to.”
– SD, West Sussex